Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I just want to share the goodies I made this weekend for a football party.

Oreo Pudding Goodness
1 package Oreo cookies

8 oz package cream cheese
1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
1 small package chocolate instant pudding
1 ¾ cup milk
8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed


1. Finely crumble Oreo cookies in food processor. (I put them in a zip lock and crushed with a rolling pin)
2. Soften cream cheese and add powdered sugar, beating with mixer until well blended.
3. In a separate, larger bowl, mix instant pudding and milk until well blended. Add this mixture to Cool Whip. (My variation: I didn’t read the instructions until after I made my pudding. I used the 2 cups of milk the box calls for. So here I just added the already made pudding to the Cool Whip. I also had a large container so I “eyeballed” about half of the large Cool Whip container.)
4. Blend in cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture.
5. Starting with crumbled Oreos, layer cookie crumbs and creamy mixture ending with cookie crumbs.

I didn't end with cookie crumbs, and I refrigerated overnight at this step.  The next day I put football shaped Oreo cookies on top.

Cream Cheese Jalapenos
I took jalapenos from my granddaddy's garden, cut the ends off, and split down the middle.  While wearing rubber gloves, I scraped the insides out. Then, I filled the insides with cream cheese, and wrapped about 1/4 to 1/2 of a piece of bacon, depending on how large your jalapenos are.  I secured with a toothpick. I placed them on a large cookie sheet and baked them for a good 30-45 minutes.  This depends on how well you like your bacon cooked.  Then I turned my broiler on hi and broiled them for another 2 minutes.  Careful, they will burn easy.

Both are very simple and delicious recipes! Enjoy!

Stephen and I enjoyed the Auburn football game Saturday together.  These are a few pictures from that day!


No comments: