Thursday, September 2, 2010


Stand for something or you’ll fall for anything. I ran across that quote the other day, and it put a huge burden on my heart. Now, I’m not going to go and tie myself to an oil rig or burn my bra, but I do want to do more than just live my day to day life. I want to look back and be proud of what I have done for others. This is in no way to brag about what I have done. I just want to get some of you thinking about others, too. It doesn’t matter what you choose to support, but support something. Times are tough right now, but I promise you have it better than a lot of other people, and you will be rewarded in some way, sometime. No charity is too small or unimportant. No gift is too small or unimportant. We all have callings to help different organizations, but choose one. Even if you don’t have much to give, choose something and donate a little. Every little bit helps, seriously. And I promise it will give you that “warm fuzzy feeling” that we all secretly yearn for.  If one person reads this and they donate, then someone/something has been helped!

2 comments:

Hayli said...

Great post, Kirby!! Very true and I needed it! :)

Kirby said...

Thanks, Hayli!! :)