Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Fail

Halloween morning I got up to get the house ready for Trick-or-Treat night. I decided I need to rake some leaves; however, I have never done this before, so I thought it was a good idea. I raked and raked and was so proud of myself. It was so fun and so fall, until the next morning. I couldn't move, and you couldn't tell I had raked. Fail.

Halloween night was so much fun; it gets better every year. We invited my parents, Granddad, Sister, and her boyfriend over for dinner. I made an assortment of ghoulish treats, but I didn't manage to take one picture! :( It was so busy once everyone started getting there and the trick-or-treaters started knocking on the door.  Anyway, I made mummy dogs, monster mash dip, and deviled egg eyeballs. They were so good and simple! Mummy dogs are hot dogs wrapped in strips of crescent rolls, monster mash dip is a sort of taco dip I created, and deviled egg eyeballs are deviled eggs with a black M&M  in the center. Yum!
excuse my cheesy grin, i was excited!
 We had approximately 200 kiddos, and they were so cute and sweet. I was even known as the "Popcorn Lady"! They get so excited about miniature bags of popcorn; it's so sweet. I look forward to this night every year, and this year I even dressed the part with a witches hat. It was great. Next year will be even better, and I'll remember to take more pictures, so it'll look like more people were there besides me!

Monster Mash Dip
2 cans re-fried beans
1 can Rotel
Colby Jack cheese
sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
-Fill the bottom of a baking dish with the two cans of beans, next add the Rotel (drain mostly), then add a thick layer of cheese.
-Mix up about a cup of sour cream and about half the package of taco seasoning
-Bake the beans, tomatoes, and cheese mixture about 15 minutes on about 350 degrees, then remove from oven and add the layer of sour cream mixture and top with a little more cheese, then return to oven for about 5-7 minutes.
-Enjoy with Tortilla chips! :)

No comments: