Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good Old Fashion Flyers

Saturday while watching poor Auburn get their little hineys spanked, a sweet little puppy wandered in the yard. Well, actually I saw her playing with the neighbor, but then the neighbor went inside and left her. I knew that was strange since she has two other big dogs who stay inside.  That told me puppy didn't belong to her.  I went outside, and she came running over to me.  After a few minutes of begging Stephen to come out he obliged and came out to see.  We knew she belonged to someone because she had a nice collar on, but who? I kept checking on her, and sure enough she stayed around. So, we put her in the backyard and named her Puppy. She was so fun and sweet; I loved having a puppy again! But, we had to find the owners. I made a few homemade signs to hang, three to be exact. We asked a few other neighbors if they knew her...nope.  Of course it couldn't be that easy.  Stephen made up some professional flyers, too.  She stayed over night in Stephen's kitchen, and she was so well behaved.  I think he had to get up with her a few times, but she was housebroken so that was nice! Moving to the happy ending, the owners called us Sunday around 5:00! I was so excited! They saw my homemade sign! I love that the homemade sign worked, not the Facebook shout-outs, not the trip to the humane society, not the professional flyers, nope, my homemade sign that looked as if a third grader had made it! That was luck, and I know that all the before mentioned attempts helped as well, but I was just so excited to have her return home. They were so thankful; the mother had tears in her eyes. Their three sons were so happy to see Ethel (we later found out), and we were told Lucy (their other dog) would be happy to see her as well.  How sweet...Lucy and Ethel! It brought warmth to my heart! It was so nice to be able to do something good for someone, even though we may have been put out of our comfort zone for a minute, it was definitely worth it!

Sweet Ethel :)

No comments: