Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Familly Affair

There is nothing like fresh cut grass. Now, I'm not going to be like others and say I love the smell, because I don't. I am highly allergic to the smell, and I will break out in welps and itch like crazy the rest of the night. It's really a little miserable, but I have medicine and I'm used to it now. I'm starting to think I may need to try another brand of medicine though. I've been using this one kind since probably the 4th grade. I'm afraid I am becoming immune to the stuff!

Back on subject-
I have the best yard crew. They are pretty much reliable and consistent. I've only had to have one talk with them about the 9:00 AM wakeup call on Saturday. After that, we've have no problems. I’m so grateful to be able to say that my parents cut my grass. They show up with the trailer, riding lawn mower, push mower, weed eater...you’d think they had their own lawn service. So yesterday evening my parents came to cut my grass. I helped them pickup sticks and move furniture around. My granddad even came to join in the fun. It was a family affair, and I really quite enjoyed myself. Afterwards, we picked up some bar-b-que and had a nice dinner in my dining room. I never use my dining room so it was glad to get some use. So back to the thought, "there's nothing like fresh cut grass". It makes the yard. It makes the house. But, I feel like it makes a family, ours at least. It brought us all together for the evening. We worked together, helped each other, then sat back to look at what we had done together. We even enjoyed a meal with each other. So, I like fresh cut grass for those reasons. I will endure the itching as long as I get some family time. Isn't that what family is about? It's about the small things, working together for one common goal, and then being able to be proud of your accomplishments. Even if it is something small like cutting the grass.

God bless.

No comments: