Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Martha!

Today Stephen’s dog, Martha, is 1 year old! So, in honor of her I decided to make her some homemade cookies (dog friendly of course). The recipe was super simple, just 4 ingredients, and they were really fun to make. I bought bone shaped cookie cutters a while back, but I haven’t gotten a chance to use them until now. I let Pixie be my taste tester, and I think they’re a winner. I wouldn’t suggest people eating them though….trust me- not very tasty!


 
“Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers”
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup peanut butter (I used smooth, but your choice)
1 cup milk 
    *I also added about 1 teaspoon of honey just to sweeten it a bit

-Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder, mix well. In another bowl, mix peanut butter, milk, and honey (if using). Work at the wet mixture with a whisk, it’ll come together in a about 2 minutes. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well. Your hands will be the best method for this. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to about ¼ inch thickness (mine may have been a little thicker because the dough tends to start breaking a bit while rolling) and cut into shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes….the recipe says they may burn easily so I baked them for 16 minutes, then let me sit in the oven while turned off for about another 2-3 minutes. They came out perfect!


No comments: