Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Kind of Holiday

This past weekend was Thanksgiving- duh! I think this was the best one yet.  It was jam packed and filled to the brim; much fun was had by all! Ever since I can remember my parents have always hosted the feast at their house.  We had eleven people join us this year (it varies year to year, but always around there).  We had enough food to feed an army, and I did my best to down as much as possible.  The last few years, my mom has always had a "craft time" after lunch.  It's usually some sort of ornament.  This year was probably my favorite!  I helped her try to find a craft, but we couldn't come up with anything.  I wasn't even sure we'd make one.  Lo and behold, Mom came through.  If you've been reading my blog at all, you know that my parents have a little house project.  They moved a house that belonged to my granddad's grandparents onto their property.  When taking down the roof for the move, they collected lots of square nails.  We took two of those nails (one larger than the other) and made them into a cross.  They turned out really cute!  Does your family have any holiday traditions that you look forward to?


No comments: