Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Midweek Recipe

This is my sister, Kali.  That's pronounced Kaylee.  You wouldn't believe how many people get that wrong.

Today, I'm sharing a recipe that Kali recently prepared for us.  It's a baked spaghetti that actually tastes like lasagna.  No matter what it is or what it's called, it's good.  That's what we'll call it.  Good.
The original recipe was taken from here

Here are Kali's variations.  The night she made this, she actually prepared it into two separate smaller dishes.  One for me without onions and mushrooms (thanks, kali) and one with for her and Stephen. (gag)

  • I use rottini noodles instead of spaghetti.
  • I chop up mushrooms and onions, saute them and add them to the meat/sauce.
  • I use almost 2 jars of spaghetti sauce; about 1 1/2 (or more) with the meat and I layer the bottom of the pan with sauce and add a bit in with the layers.
  • I use garlic salt instead of all seasonings
  • Plus I add a little paprika

No comments: