Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chalk It Up

Remember yesterday when I said I was a kid at heart? Remember last week when I said I was a sixty-five year old woman? Apparently there's a battle over who I really am!

Let's chalk another one up to the sixty-five year old lady!

I decided I needed a new hobby, so where better to go than Hobby Lobby?! While there I picked up a kit entitled "I Taught Myself to Crochet", and I spent all of last night teaching myself to crochet. (Appropriate title, right?)

I'm so excited! I have a long ways to go, but one day I'm going to be making afghans and mittens and coasters and booties! ha! No, seriously, I am excited. If anyone has any pointers, please send 'em on over!

Last night, I made a bookmark. Not really, it's just about the size of a bookmark, but it's a great start! So, I hope everyone is ready to start receiving crocheted presents!! =)

 I'm pretty sure I'll have to learn to make this.

source

And this.



And who couldn't use one of these?



And a pair of these.



And what the heck? One of these, too!

No comments: