Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Now that...

Fat Tuesday is over:
  1. the indulgences are done
  2. the beads have been thrown
  3. the reason the beads were thrown are carefully placed back in their holders
  4. the parades are over
  5. the streets are trashed
it's finally Lent.  My exact denomination doesn't practice this, but I think it's fun anyway. 

This year for Lent I am giving up the lottery.  I have a real problem.  It's not because I'm some huge gambler.  It's because a gas station is right across the street from my office, and sometimes in the afternoon I just need to go for a walk.  Ironically (Did I use it correctly, Stephen? He on the other hand does have a problem with people misusing the word 'Ironic'...is that ironic?) there are two more in my office that have this same urge for moving around. So, the three of us walk over to the gas station where they just so happen to sell lottery tickets.  I may have developed a little habit  in spending anywhere from 10-20 dollars a week in picking up random scratch offs and tickets for the weekly big games.

I really don't have a problem.

All that aside, Stephen and I are signing up for a little vacation.  What better way to save up for it than to save that $20 a week and put it in an envelope entitled 'Cruise'?



Oh, and for the record, I didn't partake in any of the list above, except maybe the indulging...and maybe the third one..."Throw me some beads!" I'm just pulling your leg! =)

1 comment:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.