Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sew Happy

One of the things on my list to do before I'm 30 is to learn to sew. I started looking up sewing classes yesterday, but unfortunately already missed two classes. Now I shall wait ever so patiently for the next round to start...that is unless someone wants to personally take me on as a student!?!?

There are some basics a seamstress needs. For starters, a sewing machine. Luckily my mom has a brand new one that she says I can use! Woo! Hoo! Check off number 1! Number 2 is a great pair of scissors.  A pair that will only be used on fabric. A pair that will transform my 25 year old hands into the hands of a wonderful seamstress.  Lucky for me a friend with a sewing blog is giving away a pair! (This is my plea for me to win!) She is such an awesome seamstress. She's self taught (I think), and she can create all different sorts such as curtains, baby bedding, clothes, pillows and even purses! Oh, one day that'll be me!! Go check her blog out. You could learn some really great things!!



No comments: