Tuesday, December 21, 2010

4 Calling Birds


4 Days until Christmas!

I'm not a huge fudge fan, but that's one thing I feel should be around at Christmas.  We haven't had it in a few years...so I decided I'd give it a go!  As a last minute thought before I went home from work yesterday, I printed off a recipe on Allrecipes.com.  My mom was on her way to the store, so I asked her to pick up the 3 ingredients that she wouldn't have already.

I've honestly been afraid to make fudge in the past, but this was the easiest recipe.  It took no time to make, and it really is pretty good!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups white sugar
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk - make sure you only have 5 ounces!
10 large marshmallows- cut in half
1 cup chopped walnuts- I used Pecans

1.Butter an 8x8 inch dish.
2.Place butter, chocolate chips and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3.In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, milk and marshmallows. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and cook 6 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4.Pour marshmallow mixture over contents of mixing bowl. Beat entire mixture until it thickens and loses its gloss. Quickly fold in nuts and pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate several hours until firm.





*Tip: you might want to cut the marshmallows in half. It'll take them a few extra minutes to melt if not.
Stir this constantly, the bottom will burn. 

 *Tip: Enlist the help of a eager neighbor to chop the nuts!


*Tip: Don't drop your bowl.

Fold in your nuts



No comments: