Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Looking Back

Ok, I'm sad.  Sad that Christmas is over.  Sad that the decorations have to come down.  Sad that Christmas music is off the radio, and sad there are no more Christmas movies.  The Christmas season is wonderful.  This year I was running from house to house to house...or I should say from meal to meal to meal.  It was great.  I was so exhausted and full...but loving every minute! I was afraid that in the anticipation of going to the next house that I may not have ripped open my presents and loved on every one of them like I should have.  With that being said, I loved ALL my gifts.  A BIG THANKS to everyone! Santa was way too good this year!  It's almost embarrassing ....almost... :)

Christmas Eve was just as good as I remembered it being!  Lots of yummy foods, great friends, and BINGO! We rode the Merry-Go-Round one last time and went to Christmas Eve service.  There was one thing that tried to throw us off.  Let me preface by saying I don't like change.  I like traditions.  At the candle light Christmas eve service it's usually dark, and we sing "Silent Night" a cappella.  This year there was no "Silent Night", and it wasn't exactly dark in the church.  That's all right though, maybe next year it'll be back...fingers crossed! At first there was that moment of panic, but then it became a joke and we randomly broke into Silent Night the rest of the night.  I guess you just have to know my family. 

Most of all, I enjoyed my time at home.  I yearn to stay at home.  I love my job and am extremely grateful for my job, but being at home suits me.  This year since Christmas was on a Saturday I had Monday off.  I got to watch the Today show (I love Kathie Lee and Hoda!), put up some Christmas decorations, go grocery shopping, cook dinner, take Martha to the vet, (I even had time to take a shower- which is not something I like to do when I don't have to) and all before Stephen got off work! It was fabulous!  One day, I hope to find something to do that will let me stay at home while making some money... Wishful thinking....

Merry Christmas!
I hope you and yours had a Very Merry Christmas!!!! Now, let's get ready to ring in 2011!
ALL of the girls =)

No comments: