Friday, January 18, 2013

Wedding Update

So my week of house in rewind is going to be longer than a week.  Let's just say it'll be as long as I need it to be to finish. :)  This post is not about my house.  This post is about my wedding.  It's FOUR months away! Whoa nelly.  I think we are on schedule.  Still have small things to do like deciding on how we want our cakes and what kind of flowers I we want.  We've already booked the people, so we just have to meet with them and let them know.  We've been trying to find Mom a good Mother-of-the-Bride (MOB) outfit.  That's hard! They don't make too many different ones from what we've seen.  And, they all seem to kind of look alike.  They all look pretty horrible to me.  Unless your mom is Cindy Crawford no one wants to wear a strapless dress or an outfit that should be worn by your grandmother.  We need a good in between... I have a looooong weekend this weekend (four days, woo hoo!), so hopefully we'll get to look a little more for Mom. She'll be beautiful in anything.  I just want her to look like her and be comfortable.

Me and my mama

I have been working with a company to make my invitations, but my design nerd fiance didn't like them. So, he decided to design them himself! I think that's pretty special. I'm picking them up Monday to proof.  They're so pretty; I love them!  TheKnot.com is telling me this month we are to book our honeymoon.  Well, I got news for ya, TheKnot.com, we've already booked it! Seven days in the Bahamas, and I can't wait!  That will be just the thing to help get me through the next few months.  That and the motivation to keep going to the gym. For someone who hates working out we usually go at least 4 days a week, but it's crunch time now. Maybe we'll push that to five days a week...maybe...

P.S. I heard yesterday teachers in Alaska make $100K/year. I asked Stephen if we could move there. He said no. He has no spontaneity. So, it looks like we'll be staying put. :) 

No comments: